Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Annoying Fusion Rattle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
SEA SIDER
Hi All
I have a 1.4 TDCI Fusion Zetec Climate on an 06 Plate. It has recently developed an annoying rattle from somewhere in the region of the nearside panel inside the luggage area. I have had all the interior lining/trim out to check the tightness of the intertia reels and have put a spanner or screwdriver on everything else I have seen.
All this to no avail. Has anyone come across this before as I have run out of ideas. Would welcome any suggestions. Many thanks
Seasider.
pete121
[quote name='SEA SIDER' timestamp='1290182893' post='104369']
Hi All
I have a 1.4 TDCI Fusion Zetec Climate on an 06 Plate. It has recently developed an annoying rattle from somewhere in the region of the nearside panel inside the luggage area. I have had all the interior lining/trim out to check the tightness of the intertia reels and have put a spanner or screwdriver on everything else I have seen.
All this to no avail. Has anyone come across this before as I have run out of ideas. Would welcome any suggestions. Many thanks
Seasider.
[/quote]

Hi, I too...(well my wife , but I get the nagging to fix it!) have suffered this problem, and in my case I eventually traced the problem, believe it or not.... to the black plastic covering around the window frames to the drivers and rear drivers side doors...just rattling. a quick,simple and cheap test is to run masking tape around the trim sticking the tape to the window...if the rattle disappears that's your problem if not well sorry, I cant help. I have noticed a number of Fusion and Fiesta cars with tape of one kind or another,around their windows, since discovering this...wonder if that's their problem too?
SEA SIDER
[b]Promise not to laugh[/b]!!!! but this may help someone else in the future.

I decided to have another go at finding the rattle and retraced all my steps only to find that once again it was still there.
I got my wife to drive me around whilst I sat in the back. Closer inspection indicated that the rattle was coming from the rear seat backrest. Ah ha...I bet it's the centre seat belt reel thats located in the back rest, but before I started to pull the seat apart, my better half suggested oiling the hinges and the locking mechanism that holds the seat back upright. (Sorry Dear but you dont cure rattles with an oil can) However, just to keep the peace I did give the locking mechanism a dose of WD40. Eureka..THE RATTLES GONE. I can only guess that it wasn't
getting a full grip on the bar behind. Sanity has returned.
joolstdi
I'm glad that you found the annoying rattle :D

I had a annoying rattle problem, but i ended
buy a second hand driver seat from a car breakers yard and getting a local
car seat upholster to change the covers over.

So i know how you feel.

jools
SEA SIDER
Thanks for your suggestions gents.
I'll keep the info in case lightning strikes twice.
Cheers
Seasider.

Full Colour Version: Annoying Fusion Rattle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.