Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittant Fault On Key Fob
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
itekweni
Hi all I have read the forum in connection with key fobs and so far not found and answer..my key fob started losing its power and i thought it was a battery problem so i replaced it and it worked just great but again sadly started to fade to the point where a good smack against the door handle got it working but not any more...the numbers in my fob read like this 5WK4725/8686 on one part and 5WK48025 on another part so i do not know which number to use when trying to replace the fob..another question where besides the dealer can i buy one of these over the counter as it is starting to do my head in...thanks in advance
artscot79
[quote name='itekweni' timestamp='1290194757' post='104384']
Hi all I have read the forum in connection with key fobs and so far not found and answer..my key fob started losing its power and i thought it was a battery problem so i replaced it and it worked just great but again sadly started to fade to the point where a good smack against the door handle got it working but not any more...the numbers in my fob read like this 5WK4725/8686 on one part and 5WK48025 on another part so i do not know which number to use when trying to replace the fob..another question where besides the dealer can i buy one of these over the counter as it is starting to do my head in...thanks in advance
[/quote]

take it to ford theres a little black case that covers the chip and makes it register when the buttons are pressed these go and need replaced not expensive around 30 quid otherwise go to a scrappy and find a car with a fob like youres pick up a few and reprogramme them to youre car its easy done
[b][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]FORD Focus (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming[/color][/size][/b] 1. Switch Ignition [b]On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds [/b]until a sound is made. 2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made. 3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound. 4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit. 5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.
itekweni
Thank you for the quick response will do the breaker rounds on the weekend ...thank you again
itekweni
HI me again sorry to be a nuisance but so far searching the net with the number i took from inside the key fob i have only managed to find one similar on ebay..question will any focus/fiesta fob once programmed work on my focus and anopther question my car being an 06 focus sport is this a MK2...thanks again in advance
ponsaloti
Stop wasting your time in breakers and ebay. Go to an autolocksmith. Cheaper than the dealer+ you'll end up with the correct item that works.

Full Colour Version: Intermittant Fault On Key Fob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.