Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus 1.8 Sport 07 Plate Fuse Box Location ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Broxson
Hello :)

I cannot find where my interior fuse box is as I am only able to find the one under the bonnet as I have blown my power outlet (Cigarette lighter) and I'm unsure which fuse to change if it is the box under the bonnet can anyone help ?
H3lly
There is a foam panel under the glove box, 2 yellow tabs holding it in place. The fuse box is behind the foam panel, and fuses are fairly accessible.
starfield
[quote name='Broxson' timestamp='1290271821' post='104442']
Hello :)

I cannot find where my interior fuse box is as I am only able to find the one under the bonnet as I have blown my power outlet (Cigarette lighter) and I'm unsure which fuse to change if it is the box under the bonnet can anyone help ?
[/quote]

Exactly as described by h3lly. To be more precise: there is a couple of wingnuts that you will have to undo and the fuse box will unfold.
My question is: why does that fuse blow in ford focus?
It blew on mine and on other focus forums, i have seen three topics about that particular fuse blowing.
Is there a quality issue about ford original fuses? I have replaced two fuses since i bought my second hand focus: one for the cigar lighter and the other for the heated mirrors.
I had a megane before and wife got a micra. I never replaced a fuse on any of these cars.
Broxson
I work for Nissan Sunderland and we rarely ever have fuse problems but cigarette lighter fuses but they are very temperamental as they are designed to short out to prevent fire
Andrew Turner
What number fuse is the cigarette lighter? I have an 07 Focus and in my handbook it says 46 and 15amp, but although it is the handbook that came with the car all the pictures are of the mk 1, so am not sure. I have checked all the 15amp fuses and they are all fine. I'm confused.
Stoney871
According to Haynes it should be a 20A fuse F109 but bearing in mind that I have a 2007 1.8 and the numbers don't coincide with my fuses at all I'm led to believe they've printed the fuse layout for a 2.5
artscot79
confirmed 20amp fuse i have the same diagram as you stoney on the mk2.

the fuse may look fine but still need changed i have a 12v outlet not a cig lighter but in reference to a previous comment its never blown on either my mk1 or 2, ive heard many people tap into the wires to run l.e.ds etc so it may explain why also if the 2 metal prongs that hold the lighter in place once its pushed down are bent in too much to the centre it will hold the lighter too long and blow the fuse
Stoney871
Definitely check the contacts inside the socket.
I find that some 12v car charger plugs are different sizes and can cause all sorts of problems.
Ford sockets seem to be bigger and deeper than on other cars.
Andrew Turner
Thanks for the reply's guys. Unfortunately after pulling all the 15amp fuses to check them (thinking i was looking for a 15amp) it came up saying "engine systems fault" on the dashboard, so had to drop it into our local garage on the way home :( Massive pain in the ass as i still have to get the air conditioning fixed before we go to the Alps in June and i have sod all money to spend on it. Bloody cars!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615