Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have A Made A Mistake
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
ian ross
just saped my passat estate tdi today for a v reg focus ghia with a 1.6 zetec-s engine only to give it a good blast and the temp gauge shot to red but then after ten mins went to half again got home and noticed that there was no water in expansion bottle i suddly thot oh no head gasket on way out or bottle is leaking what do u guys think
stef123
[quote name='ian ross' timestamp='1290346326' post='104489']
just saped my passat estate tdi today for a v reg focus ghia with a 1.6 zetec-s engine only to give it a good blast and the temp gauge shot to red but then after ten mins went to half again got home and noticed that there was no water in expansion bottle i suddly thot oh no head gasket on way out or bottle is leaking what do u guys think
[/quote]

if there is no visible signs of leaking, i would top it up with the correct coolant and go from there?
ian ross
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1290354431' post='104493']
if there is no visible signs of leaking, i would top it up with the correct coolant and go from there?
[/quote]

ive had it check buy my brother and it turns out its the thremostat no obvious signs of head gasket no bulges in pipes or gunk in oil and he felt the pipes one was hot like it should be and other was just cool so sign than thermostat is knackered thank god for that runs like a dream now

Full Colour Version: Have A Made A Mistake
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615