Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrics Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
monty187
Hello All,

I am having an issue with my 2.0 2005 Titanium Focus. It started a few weeks back and began with the central locking not working everytime. With the fob or key in lock. After a few attempts the key opened the door. But only the drivers. After this brake warning lights and engine warning lights have been on a few times. Finally now the indicators are not turning on. Any ideas what is going on here? Anyone every had an issue like this? I have tried another keyfob with no sucess.

Cheers
Monty
artscot79
[quote name='monty187' timestamp='1290435651' post='104568']
Hello All,

I am having an issue with my 2.0 2005 Titanium Focus. It started a few weeks back and began with the central locking not working everytime. With the fob or key in lock. After a few attempts the key opened the door. But only the drivers. After this brake warning lights and engine warning lights have been on a few times. Finally now the indicators are not turning on. Any ideas what is going on here? Anyone every had an issue like this? I have tried another keyfob with no sucess.

Cheers
Monty
[/quote]

diagnostics is the best bet here check under pass side for water ingress and check in the boot behind the arch cover theres 2 multi plugs there if you have a leak from the boot hinge rubber it goes down into this plug which runs lights indicators etc to the rear other then that check all fuses in the glovebox
monty187
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1290442014' post='104587']
diagnostics is the best bet here check under pass side for water ingress and check in the boot behind the arch cover theres 2 multi plugs there if you have a leak from the boot hinge rubber it goes down into this plug which runs lights indicators etc to the rear other then that check all fuses in the glovebox
[/quote]

Thanks a million for that, ill have a look round those things tomorrow in daylight and let u know how it goes. Thanks again :D
monty187
Think I may have figured it out, partly anyway. I replaced a bulb last week, when I took it out again the locking and indicators are now working. will get a diff bulb and see if that solves it.
artscot79
[quote name='monty187' timestamp='1290515950' post='104661']
Think I may have figured it out, partly anyway. I replaced a bulb last week, when I took it out again the locking and indicators are now working. will get a diff bulb and see if that solves it.
[/quote]

cant see why that would make a difference unless its the incorrect non compatible bulb i suppose its worth a try
monty187
Changed the bulb again and everything worked ok until I restarted the car. Now central locking screwed and indicators not working. Will ring the mechanic tomorrow. Cheers for the help :0)

Full Colour Version: Electrics Issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615