Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo Diesel Whine
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Spooky Spider
Hello to all,
I have a 56 plate 1.4 TDCI and it has just started whining every time I depress the clutch at low speeds but obviously as speed builds it can't be heard. Is this turbo wear or something more serious? Any advice, greatly appreciated
Claxxon
That's a tricky one to answer. If the noise is only there when you depress the clutch then it may be gearbox noise. Once the clutch is in, the engine stops driving the gearbox and the wheels cause the gearbox to turn using the "back" side of the tooth, called "over run". In some gearboxes this can be quite noisy. It could also be a clutch bearing. It's difficult to tell unless you are there. I'd try looking for the noise with the clutch in and out, at low revs when the turbo isn't working hard or at high revs when the turbo is working hard. Do you get the noise when you are staionary, say at the lights with the clutch in ?
LoneWolf
Hi spooky

i had a whinning noise on my fusion for a while and mine turned out to be the Cambelt and tensioners. might be wroth taking the alternater belt off and spinning the engine over to see if the noise is still there also just incase.

Full Colour Version: Turbo Diesel Whine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615