Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faults
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
phil951
on my dash board it says its open even though i have shut it, does any one now how to fix it other than taking it into a garage to get looked at.
taffg
[quote name='phil951' timestamp='1290631460' post='104846']
on my dash board it says its open even though i have shut it, does any one now how to fix it other than taking it into a garage to get looked at.
[/quote]

phil i havent got a manual but there must be a microswitch, probably close to the bonnet release catch. pop your bonnet and activate,the switch with your fingers and see if the light clears from the dash. if so it may just need repositioning. if its stiff try a light spryy of wd 40 to try and free it. if its cracked or broken then it will need replacing. note if the switsh has got water inside it, remove it and dry it out slowly, wd40 will help drive out any moisture. hope this is a help.

Full Colour Version: Faults
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.