Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Over Heating Problems Mk2
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
blinggully
Everytime I get in traffic my temp guage seems to shoot up to half way on the guage after a few minutes of standing in traffic or barley rolling making me nervous its going to over heat, however when the tarffic clears which it has done for last few days after a few minutes thank god it soon shoots back down to minimum. I have plenty of antifreeze and water in it (do have a small leak when i fill it right up tho so i keep it too miniumum) and my interior heating soon warms up after a few minutes of being on so all fine there.

This leaves me very puzzled and scared if I get stuck in serious traffic will my car continue to rise on the guage and blow up!!! Any ideas would be great and also can I check to see if my radiator fan works??? I am a novice mechanic by the way.

Thanks Clinton.
tommy.h
Hi bling

you can check to see if cooling fan working. unplug from radiator sensor and shorting connections at the plug.

tom

Full Colour Version: Over Heating Problems Mk2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.