Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo 2.2 Tdci Timing Belt Service Interval
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
mikehaggis
Hi can anybody confirm the service interval for my mondeo 2.2tdci 56 plates's timing belt? i am getting conflicting information some say 60000 and others are saying 100000+. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
mintalkin
on a 56 reg it would be the mk3 mondy which has a timing chain, the mk4 went back to a belt and ford recommend 10 years or 125000 miles.
mikehaggis
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1291301769' post='105614']
on a 56 reg it would be the mk3 mondy which has a timing chain, the mk4 went back to a belt and ford recommend 10 years or 125000 miles.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info mintalkin. sorry not to have responded sooner but my computer died and i have only just got back online!! One puzzling thing though looking through the handbook of the car it seems to indicate abelt rather than chain although it is not 100% clear. I think a trip to the dealer might be in order just to confirm that.
All the best for christmas and the New Year and thanks again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.