Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alloys
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Mooresey
Hi

I am new to this stuff so bare with me. I want to change my steel wheels for alloys and I was wondering weather I have to stay with the same size wheels I have got on now ie 205/55 or can I go with a different size alloys?

Thanks

John
Pete80
[quote name='Mooresey' timestamp='1291310924' post='105628']
Hi

I am new to this stuff so bare with me. I want to change my steel wheels for alloys and I was wondering weather I have to stay with the same size wheels I have got on now ie 205/55 or can I go with a different size alloys?

Thanks

John
[/quote]

try this site out, it will help with the tyres you will need if you decide to get a larger size alloy http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
jeebowhite
Always remember that the overall wheel size should not change, if you currently use 205/55 R16 wheels, then you can either straight swap for an alloy, or if you decide to go for a low profile tyre, make sure that you fit the right size, otherwise speedo and odometer will suffer, and lose accuracy.

i.e. 205/45 R17 will mean that your speedo is more accurate than just putting on 17" alloys with a tyre profile of 205/55!

Full Colour Version: Alloys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615