Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mondeo And Deactivating Seat Belt Alarm
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
JJJ
Hi all.
I just got my new Mondeo 2,0 tdci powershift. I have to try find instructions how disable seat belt alarm. Most of the instructions is that I have to bucle/unbucle seat belt 9 times fast after the ignition has turned "on". After this I donīt know what to do.
I have also -09 Ford Galaxy tdci and it has alarm removed. It was removed already in car sales.
mintalkin
see here for mk3 and mk4.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Turning_Off_Seatbelt_Reminder
JJJ
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1291382857' post='105703']
see here for mk3 and mk4.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Turning_Off_Seatbelt_Reminder
[/quote]

Didnīt work :( Should the doors be closed or locked ? I didnīt lock the doors.. I have to try again tommorow.
Anyway thanks for a useful link.
JJJ
I also tried doors locked (doing it from inside) but didnīt work either.
JJJ
So finally seat belt arlam has deactivated..Almost same instructions as in the above link.

1. Apply the parking brake.
2. Place the transmission selector lever in P (Park) - vehicles with automatic transmission or the neutral position - vehicles with manual transmission.
3. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.
4. Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.

Then
1. Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).
3. WAIT AT LEAST 15 SECONDS
4. The remaining steps must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
6. The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.
7. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

After confirmation, the deactivation / activation procedure is complete.
mondy167
fantastic \, just tried it on mine and it worked , cheers guys , top site

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.