Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Wadhot
Hi.

I have a problem with my key for a Ford Ka 52 plate it is a standard key (not a fob)...  the problem is the metal part of the key turns around in the plastic part of the keys and therefore does not have enough strength to turn the doors, ignition, boot etc.

This is the only key I have for the vehicle & it has a red colour tab within black plastic part.

Can you help?

I await your reply.

Thanks in advance.
fishpond 47
[quote name='Wadhot' timestamp='1291585747' post='105936']
Hi.

I have a problem with my key for a Ford Ka 52 plate it is a standard key (not a fob)...  the problem is the metal part of the key turns around in the plastic part of the keys and therefore does not have enough strength to turn the doors, ignition, boot etc.

This is the only key I have for the vehicle & it has a red colour tab within black plastic part.

Can you help?

I await your reply.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

get a replacment one cut asap to use on the doors and boot, dab a spot of super glue to your exsisting key and use this for the ignition, the key you have is the master key and you would pay a lot to get that replaced as that works your immobilisor (so dont loose it), a copy key wouldnt start the car.

Full Colour Version: Key Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.