Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 Ranger
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Ranger Club
waterman
Hi all, twice I have had a loss of power, both after very hard overnight frosts where the temp went to -11. After travelling down the motorway at about 60-65mph for about 6-7 miles the engine just lost all power, when I dropped a gear the engine cut out. Once on the hard shoulder it started again first time and revved freely and would drive but I had to very slowly build up speed as if I tried to push a bit it would loose power & cut out again. I have had the soleniod valve in the EGR valve replaced & the garage are now saying it could be the fuel filter, I am having this done this afternoon but does anyone have any ideas if this doesnt work. Thanks
tommy.h
Hi Waterman

don't know about ranger is it petrol or diesel
sounds like it could be electrical though.
i would check all harnesses and connectors.
also may be worthwhile if it's petrol looking at the coil pack (could be tracking)

tom
bigtoyford
[font="Arial"][/font] I had the same problem -10 and think its down to the fuel waxing up in the pipe out of the tank, as the car warmed up it went away :). if it happens agains im going to try some fuel addative, touch wood though thats it.
fed up
[quote name='waterman' timestamp='1291650705' post='105990']
Hi all, twice I have had a loss of power, both after very hard overnight frosts where the temp went to -11. After travelling down the motorway at about 60-65mph for about 6-7 miles the engine just lost all power, when I dropped a gear the engine cut out. Once on the hard shoulder it started again first time and revved freely and would drive but I had to very slowly build up speed as if I tried to push a bit it would loose power & cut out again. I have had the soleniod valve in the EGR valve replaced & the garage are now saying it could be the fuel filter, I am having this done this afternoon but does anyone have any ideas if this doesnt work. Thanks
[/quote]
fed up here, my ranger has just had modified fuel filter parts, ask if you can have same

Full Colour Version: 2007 Ranger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.