Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Disaster
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
smockdog
When I first bought my Titanium X, I though all the negatives my Dad said about Ford were rubbish.

@nd day after buying my car, front wheel got destroyed in a pothole, new wheel & tyre nearly 400 smackers.

After one year & four tyres I am getting sick of "Low profiles" & all the dosh I have spent out.

Also the front of the car and the plastic thingy under the front, broken & damaged by "Traffic calming humps'

My 2006 model just reached 50,000 miles and the clutch decided to commit Hari Kari, took it into a FORD garage in somerset 1100 smackers to fix the bloomin thin, Oh its a Dual mass clutch they do that, the garage said. Picked the car up and nowt working properly, Oh we had to disconnect the battery, you need the codes re-set. Okay please do that....Oh we dont know how to do that. You will have to take it the the dealer where you bought the car. Which I did, another 30 smackers to get the codes re-set, and then they informed me, yopu should of asked for a standard clutch, not the Dual mass or whatever. The garage where I had the repairs done in Langport, never even mentioned that I could of replaced the clutch with a stadard type. Now I am looking forward to maybe trading it in for a Mitsubishi...but 2nd hand value of a Monday built Ford is enough to buy a copy of the Beano!!.

What 2 do.

One disappointed Ford Titanium owner.
johnH
[quote name='smockdog' timestamp='1291883811' post='106222']
When I first bought my Titanium X, I though all the negatives my Dad said about Ford were rubbish.

@nd day after buying my car, front wheel got destroyed in a pothole, new wheel & tyre nearly 400 smackers.

After one year & four tyres I am getting sick of "Low profiles" & all the dosh I have spent out.

Also the front of the car and the plastic thingy under the front, broken & damaged by "Traffic calming humps'

My 2006 model just reached 50,000 miles and the clutch decided to commit Hari Kari, took it into a FORD garage in somerset 1100 smackers to fix the bloomin thin, Oh its a Dual mass clutch they do that, the garage said. Picked the car up and nowt working properly, Oh we had to disconnect the battery, you need the codes re-set. Okay please do that....Oh we dont know how to do that. You will have to take it the the dealer where you bought the car. Which I did, another 30 smackers to get the codes re-set, and then they informed me, yopu should of asked for a standard clutch, not the Dual mass or whatever. The garage where I had the repairs done in Langport, never even mentioned that I could of replaced the clutch with a stadard type. Now I am looking forward to maybe trading it in for a Mitsubishi...but 2nd hand value of a Monday built Ford is enough to buy a copy of the Beano!!.

What 2 do.

One disappointed Ford Titanium owner.
[/quote]

1100!!!!!!!!! you've been ripped off mate. you can pick up a clutch kit for 150 a dual mass flywheel for 350 and fitted for as low as 120! still a bit but your saving money, i've always gone for shopping around and staying away from the stealers.

I have heard about these single mass converter kits for dual mass flywheels, apparently for a bit more you can "upgradings to a downgradings" which will last longer and be better off. but havnt seen them personnally and wouldnt know where to get hold of them from a trustworthy source.

Full Colour Version: Clutch Disaster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.