Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Basic Ice Questions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Dave Hope
Hi,

I've recently bought a 2008 Ford Focus LX and was wondering if it's possible to retro-fit Bluetooth and the 3.5mm jack(line-in) ?

With Bluetooth, the only problem I can think of is that the computer would need replacing? which would obviously make it not worth while.

With the 3.5mm jack, there's already the line-in button on the stereo (Ford 6000CD) so it may just be a case of running the cable into the glovebox or wherever it goes?

I couldn't spot any relevant posts, but if anyone else has asked feel free to point me at their thread

Cheers guys!
johnH
yeah you can retro-fit the 3.5 aux jack into the car. you will need to drill a small hole into the location you want such as OEM Glovebox location. but it is do-able. ive looked at this myself and they realised it was pointless since i have fitted an aftermarket unit lol you can buy the wire from the dealer for about 5 apparently. i have seen them on ebay and other parts websites.
Dave Hope
Thanks, some more digging found this:

http://web.mac.com/zifnab/Visteon_6000CD_in_Ford_Focus_C-Max/How_to_wire_the_Aux_input_on_A_Visteon_6000CD_in_a_C-Max.html

I'm keen to do it closer to the Factory spec though, could someone with the 3.5mm jack 'extra' take a photo of it for me, so that I can see how it's mounted in the glovebox (or wherever it is)?

Thanks!
johnH
i can help with the location.

in the glovebox, on the top far left is a bit that looks like it can be knocked out, well that is for the passanger airbag deactivation switch. well move along right a little to a bit where it dips down to an area a size of roughly of a 2p coin. dead center of there is where this port is normally located, from what i have found on net. ill try and get the links.
Dave Hope
Thanks John, that's great. I'll take a closer look in the glove box tomorrow and see if I can find the bit you mention.

I've looked into the bluetooth question, and from what I can tell it's not worth doing. I'd need the Sony headunit, BT/VC module, the additional wiring looms etc etc. Not worth it, probably be looking at >500 parts only!
johnH
aii, i have heard that retro-fitting some parts is just not worth it.

i think the closest you can get on a decent budget is the parrot system that is now floating about. I myself have a sony headunit (aftermarket) and it has bluetooth and the aux already built in.

Full Colour Version: Basic Ice Questions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.