Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dpf Fluid Not Refilled At Same Time As Dpf Replaced. Help?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pootle
New to the Forum.
I am sorry it is another DPF topic .
The short story is after a lot of hassle with Focus 2.0 TDCi engine management light coming on and limp home mode we had the DPF replaced by local independent garage.Was told all would be fine.(Been serviced there before but no mention of DPF in their servicing )Returned vehicle cos light on again. code cleared and told to take it for long runs and give it plenty of revs.
6 weeks later at MOT, codes checked again as still not right. We are told there is no DPF fluid and we need it refilling.(Cheapest at Ford garage)
After reading on here I am now seriously concerned that the new DPF has been damaged in the 6 weeks with no fluid. What should I do?
jeebowhite
Welcome to the forum!

The fluid is just used as a catalyst to try and burn off some of the guff that gets caught in the filter, from my understanding it gets a very very small amount thrown into the mix (not sure if its the engine or direct into the DPF) but it just aids to burn out the cack there!

I may be wrong but I believe they only put in couple of litres, and that tends to go up to 35k, so unless you have done that much in the last 6 weeks, there shouldnt be any damage to the filter. it will just have gotten a little sooty in there!

The dealer will do a forced DPF Regeneration, meaning they will just bundle in the fluid, and sit there maxing your car out in idle for about 15 minutes, just to get some of the fluid into the filter and to clear it out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.