Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starnge Problem 05 Tdci 2.0
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stitchly
Hoping for some help/advice on my Focus 2.0 TDCI on a 05 plate.

Now and again when starting, the engine fires up and just ticks over.When i press the accelerator nothing just keeps ticking over.
When this happens i just keep on starting/restarting until she fires up properly.
This dosent happen on a daily basis but maybe once or twice a week,but it did happen at the pumps the other day and it took about six or seven retries for it to fire up.
What seems strange to me is that when it goes it goes really well with no problems or difference in the MPG!
Anyone got any ideas or fixes for this?

Cheers
stitchly
Anyone????
keith-focus
Stitchly, I had a very similar problem with my 1.8 TDCI. After a (non-Ford) garages mis-diagnosed the fault the Ford garage finally fixed it. (do a search in this forum for “ revs won’t increase after start up”, it a bit of a long story I am afraid) The Ford garage tested the wiring and found an incorrect voltage at pin 3 of the Mass Air Flow sensor. They traced this back to pin 14 on the battery junction box, where they found a bad connection. They "repaired and made good the connector". Since then the problem has gone.

However don’t discount a faulty throttle position sensor or Mass Air Flow sensor. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, just need to search.

Good luck, Keith

Full Colour Version: Starnge Problem 05 Tdci 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.