Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temperature Gauge
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
caazzaa
Hi can any one help, my Ford Mondeos Temperature Gauge is misbehaving sometimes by going of the scale even when started from cold, changed the thermostat thinking this was the problem, but still doing it.
The automatic fan in the engine keeps triggering on, is the problem one of my sensors and if so which one?
I have been reading there are two in other posts!
My Mondoe is a W (2000) Reg 1.8 petrol.

Carol
tommy.h
Hi caaz

temperature guage going off the scale when started from cold in this weather can sometimes mean frozen water.
have you got enough antifreeze in?

tom
caazzaa
Every thing okay on that score, vehicle has been running about all day today, no overhating in the engine, just the needle going up to the red every now and again. Behaving and sitting normally sometimes, then just for no reason climbs into the red again.

Full Colour Version: Temperature Gauge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615