Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trim/tyre Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
steph1008
I was filling my car up today when i noticed this problem with my wheel [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/124wrxy.jpg[/IMG]

i don't understand how this has happened but is it serious?

thanks for reading, steph
Zoggy
[i][b]IMO...It Looks to me as if someone might need to get a new wheel, rust isn't a good sign,if i were you i would get it sorted ASAP,if left un-checked it could cause a blow out whilst your driving it!

You can probably pick one up down the scrappy's for about 10

Do a check of the other wheels to,just to make sure you haven't got the same problems with them?

Hope this helps![/b][/i]
steph1008
ah thankyou, just i literally had that tyre fitted about 2 weeks ago (plus new springs!), so would've thought they would have said something! Would it be expensive for a local garage to do it? im so sick of this car, honestly one problem after another! thanks for your time!
Zoggy
[quote name='steph1008' timestamp='1292776620' post='107192']
ah thankyou, just i literally had that tyre fitted about 2 weeks ago (plus new springs!), so would've thought they would have said something! Would it be expensive for a local garage to do it? im so sick of this car, honestly one problem after another! thanks for your time!
[/quote]

Yes a garage will do it for you, and it will probably cost you 5 for each wheel to be fitted, something like that anyway, depending on where you go they may do it even cheaper again?

Pick yourself up some secondhand wheels down the scrappy and take them upto the garage, they should fit them for a few quid!
steph1008
okay thankyou :) and should it be okay to drive a few miles? probs 30 at the most, sorry for all the questions, im paranoid its going to blow now! :( going to be a tense drive! swear my car alone is keeping my garage in business haha, thanks again :)
Zoggy
[quote name='steph1008' timestamp='1292777249' post='107194']
okay thankyou :) and should it be okay to drive a few miles? probs 30 at the most, sorry for all the questions, im paranoid its going to blow now! :( going to be a tense drive! swear my car alone is keeping my garage in business haha, thanks again :)
[/quote]

[i][b]IMO...Yes it should be ok,just take it easy over the bumps if there are any?,if the wheel rust has eaten into the metal for a while and then gets juddered it may cause a blow out, it depends how long it's been rusty like that?, but don't worry it doesn't look like its going to immediatly cause a blow out but it could if left un-checked,but it does need a professional eye to look at it and give you proper advice, these are only my opinions from what i can see, but it's best to get a pro to have a look first!

Good luck and drive carefully - especially in this weather![/b][/i]
steph1008
yeah i'm hoping the guy at the garage would have warned me it if it was going to go soon, im not sure how long it will have been like that to be honest.. shes got 125 000 miles on her now! so will have been rusty for a longgg time im guessing! :(. but yeah its just started snowing up here again so doubt ill be driving around much anyway, just to the garage! thanks so much for your time, really appreciate it! steph

Full Colour Version: Trim/tyre Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.