Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.6 Tdci Dpf Fault....
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
deano41
Hi Everybody, this is my 1st post on the forum so i hope i do it right.. I recently bought a 08 Focus 1.6 tdci that had just had its dpf filter changed and the fluid topped up etc.. I drove it home from Stoke to Manchester with no problems whatsoever but 2 weeks into my driving it the car went into limp mode and wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm..I drove home and got it to my local garage who read the fault code and he told me the dpf filter was blocked as this is what it was reading, he then proceeded to do a forced regeneration and cleared the code for me..All went well for approx a week when it went into limp mode again with the same fault code, this time the garage recommended that I change the sensor as well as he thought this could be faulty as the dpf filter was brand new and couldn't really be blocked already..I had the sensor changed drove down the road and it went straight back into limp mode within 200 yards, this obviously annoyed me as i had just paid 120 to change the sensor with now an even worse outcome than before..The mechanic to be fair just took the new sensor off as the code would not clear with it on,replaced it with the old one and then cleared the fault again for me, he also refunded the 100 for the part and he is sending it back as faulty or whatever..After driving home I again went into limp mode within 200 yards and now the garage says they don't know what to do with my car and that I will have to go to Ford Main Dealer, which to be honest scares the pants off me as I have already overstretched buying the vehicle in the 1st place !! Has anybody had or no of anyone with a similar experience and know what to do next..Sorry if this is a bit long winded just wanted to try and put as much info as possible..Cheers John.
deano41
Hi everyone,seeing as nobody seems to be able to help with my problem I will have to bite the bullet and take to a main dealer..Can anyone advise the best one to take to as from what I read on various forums they are all different in terms of price, competence etc.. I live in South Manchester near to Manchester Airport so if anyone knows the best one round here lease let me know..Thanks , John...

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.6 Tdci Dpf Fault....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.