Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Window Washer Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Colin T
Hi, just got a Focus and need to fix a few things...

the Rear window washer is not working, no water coming out....I can hear the pump working, front washer OK

I've seen that this is a common problem and can be caused by pipe coming off rear window spray jet assembly.

I undid the 2 screws on the rear window brake light fitting but it didn't come loose, is there anything else holding this or does it need a bit of leverage?

any help / advice appreciated

Thanks
cressws1
Needs a bit of a pull mate, I'd imagine it would have come loose on a new car but 10/11 years of water and gunk around it is holding it in place.
Colin T
[quote name='cressws1' timestamp='1293122239' post='107565']
Needs a bit of a pull mate, I'd imagine it would have come loose on a new car but 10/11 years of water and gunk around it is holding it in place.
[/quote]

Thanks, I didn't want to break anything....I'll give it a go and let you know.
artscot79
[quote name='Colin T' timestamp='1293122395' post='107566']
Thanks, I didn't want to break anything....I'll give it a go and let you know.
[/quote]

with the current weather its likely frozen
H3lly
+1 on above, water bottle and lines to washer would definitely be frozen solid.
Colin T
Hi, a little warmer today here in Suffolk, so I've taken a quick look at rear washer and found that there is a break in the pipe inside the rubber boot that sits between the car body and hatchback door. There was insulation tape wrapped around the broken pipe, somebodies idea of a 'fix' which probably lasted about 10 minutes!

Will be trying to fix this after xmas.
artscot79
[quote name='Colin T' timestamp='1293207252' post='107650']
Hi, a little warmer today here in Suffolk, so I've taken a quick look at rear washer and found that there is a break in the pipe inside the rubber boot that sits between the car body and hatchback door. There was insulation tape wrapped around the broken pipe, somebodies idea of a 'fix' which probably lasted about 10 minutes!

Will be trying to fix this after xmas.
[/quote]

had this one easiest fix is to buy a connector piece from halfords and trim the old line so its nice edges on it warm up the hose and push the straight pipe connector in it takes a fair bit of pushing im sure it was 6mm piece the roof lining will also be wet so youll just need to give that time to dryout

Full Colour Version: Rear Window Washer Not Working
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.