Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Egr Valve
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
simoncbr600rr
hi had my 06 2.0 tdci estate put on diagnostic machine on tuesday and was told egr valve is faulty..phoned ford up for a price and they took my reg number and came back and said i`ve got a rare egr valve that was on a short of cars and a new one is 400!!!! can anyine shed any light on this as i`ve ollked at some and they look identical for about 130 thaks alot
tommy.h
[quote name='simoncbr600rr' timestamp='1293234234' post='107691']
hi had my 06 2.0 tdci estate put on diagnostic machine on tuesday and was told egr valve is faulty..phoned ford up for a price and they took my reg number and came back and said i`ve got a rare egr valve that was on a short of cars and a new one is 400!!!! can anyine shed any light on this as i`ve ollked at some and they look identical for about 130 thaks alot
[/quote]
Hi Simon

i do know that there was a modified EGR valve fitted on these models.
but i have read that some people have blanked off the EGR valve so it is no longer used.

maybe someone who has done this will get in-touch and let you know whether best with or without.

tom
mintalkin
the modified valve should already be fited to the 06 reg,you can not blank the valve because your car will be a euro4 engine which monitors airflow through the valve.if you blank the valve within 100 miles a fault light will be on the dash because of lack of egr airflow.did they say what was wrong with the valve? try cleaning it first as this will clear a lot of the egr problems.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=EGR_Valve_and_Inlet_Manifold_Clearout_TDCi

Full Colour Version: Egr Valve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615