Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poor Acceleration
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
sidewinder
Hi 55 plate TDCI 130 6 SPD MONDEO 59000 on the clock, read some of the poor/lumpy acceleration issues so decided to have a look at the EGR valve wasnt in my mind clogged up but give it a clean anyway,put it back on went for spin,seemed worse i noticed today that the glow plug light was flashing so stopped turned off ,then restarted drove straight off. Car still hesitates under load , any suggestions would be appreciated,dont mind tackling small jobs but cant get to a garage till thursday...... thanks
mintalkin
when you had the egr valve off did you check the intercooler pipe from the bottom of the valve for splits?
sidewinder
Hi thanks for replying,had a quick look ,couldn't see right to the bottom tho ,could it be a knackered fuel filter,or dogy fuel .
sidewinder
Ok here's an update changed fuel filter ,driven 10 miles an all seems ok at the moment .Now would the fuel knacker the filter or would if be the filter ,if its the fuel then maybe I should contact the petrol station and let them know.Hopefully it was the filter ,as this was a reasonable fix at :23 .

Full Colour Version: Poor Acceleration
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.