Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly Tyre Question?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jeebowhite
After an independant garage had to savagely hack my alloy to pieces, I have bought a replacement wheel and have the tyre, but I need to get it fitted, silly question is - Do I have to fit a valve or is the valve fitted directly to the Alloy / Wheel?

Also Do I need to buy one of these and where can I get them from?
taffg
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1293808771' post='108213']
After an independant garage had to savagely hack my alloy to pieces, I have bought a replacement wheel and have the tyre, but I need to get it fitted, silly question is - Do I have to fit a valve or is the valve fitted directly to the Alloy / Wheel?

Also Do I need to buy one of these and where can I get them from?
[/quote]

hi jeebowhite, just take your new alloy, and tyre to a tyre fitters, they will fit a new valve into the new alloy, and fit the tyre.
you may even want to balance it aswell, shouldnt cost more than a tenner.
jeebowhite
So they would provide a valve as part of the cost then?
taffg
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1293810602' post='108221']
So they would provide a valve as part of the cost then?
[/quote]

yes mate valves are about a quid, fit and balance new tyre shouldnt cost no more than a tenner. just ask them the price, any more than that walk away to another tyre fitters!
stef123
exactly as above jeebo, i always supply my own tyres - my local fitter does them for 7.50 each including a new valve, balancing and disposal
jeebowhite
Fantastic! Thanks guys!

I was going to try and play nicely with my tyre and rim, but it seems more hassle than a tenners worth! - learn something new every day!

Full Colour Version: Silly Tyre Question?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.