Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retro-Fit Dimmer Control
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
johnH
hi folks,

sorry for being a bit of a pain. i was wondering if it was possible to retrofit a dash dimmer control. lets says take my old light control unit out, which doesnt have a dimmer control but replace it with a one that does. if that makes sense?

thanks in advance.
artscot79
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1293909135' post='108311']
hi folks,

sorry for being a bit of a pain. i was wondering if it was possible to retrofit a dash dimmer control. lets says take my old light control unit out, which doesnt have a dimmer control but replace it with a one that does. if that makes sense?

thanks in advance.
[/quote]

the dimmer is a seperate switch which is linked to dash lights heater control lights the door lights etc etc it would entail ripping half the dsh apart and then sourcing the wiring loom from a car with it and transfer it to youres
ford focus edge
I did this in my trusty mk1 and it worked a treat mine must of had all the wiring in place just get to a scrappy find a ghia or zetec or something whip the switch out and take it home n try all i can say to do should only be about 5-10quid
jonboy01
yep, worked a treat on my 04 plate..just sourced one from a breakers the same shape but with the dimmer and it was a straight swap...no faffing around and all lights worked as they should.. :D
johnH
i would think the wiring is all there to "plug and play" as they say. its going to one of those things again lol.

thanks for the info guys

Full Colour Version: Retro-Fit Dimmer Control
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.