Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2002 Focus 1.4 Power Steering Pipe
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cobes1981
Need some help, had a leek in power steering system and eventually tracked it down to a pipe, it is the one which comes out of the rack after removing a bracket and then just pulling the pipe out, it then joins onto a flexi which goes up and under the airbox and battery tray and joins onto the cooling pipe behind the radiator on the nearside. The pipe is leaking on the metal part, not sure what this is made of, this is my first question. Also could anyone tell me whether this is a High pressure pipe which I would be better getting replaced completely or is it one of the lower pressure pipes which a could maybe seal up with some hose and jubilee clips?
dezwez
[quote name='cobes1981' timestamp='1294519924' post='109104']
Need some help, had a leek in power steering system and eventually tracked it down to a pipe, it is the one which comes out of the rack after removing a bracket and then just pulling the pipe out, it then joins onto a flexi which goes up and under the airbox and battery tray and joins onto the cooling pipe behind the radiator on the nearside. The pipe is leaking on the metal part, not sure what this is made of, this is my first question. Also could anyone tell me whether this is a High pressure pipe which I would be better getting replaced completely or is it one of the lower pressure pipes which a could maybe seal up with some hose and jubilee clips?
[/quote]
you would be better getting replaced completely
then you no the job is a good one try a breakers yard. :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.