Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galaxy Tdci Starting/running Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
davell
hi thanks for looking and hope you can help. i have a 56 plate new shape galaxy 2.0 tdci 140. firstly i'd like to be sure that whether the injectors are coded on these models. it has starting problems. once started there is no power and it dies away and sometimes cuts out after a few seconds. if i am able to hold the revs for a short while it soon dies away once i try to pull away. I have removed all injectors and replaced copper washers. I have a small compression leak through the left hand side (no 1 cylinder i think) injector but not enough to cause the power loss. I'm wondering whether its a fuel pressure problem and if so is this more likely to be the fuel pump or maybe a failing regulator/solenoid. Is the reg/solenoid fitted to the common rail. Maybe someone has had the same problem and can offer advice, all of which would be greatly appreciated. I have owned the car from new and its been a great workhorse, its covered almost 170,000 miles. look forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks Dave
bilals
Hi
Did you ever find out what the problem was?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.