I am a newbie, and was told the experts on here could help.
FORD FOCUS MARK 1 1999 T reg MANUAL - 1.6i Ghia 64,500 miles.
My car had a coil packed failure, and the idle speed went down to 700rpm.
My car is consuming so much fuel. For every £10 I get 45miles before I have to refuel!! Before I would get 120miles per £10
I have changed
1) Coil pack - Misfire sorted
2) Spark plugs have been changed.
3) Leads look new and no air leaks according to mechanic.
4) MAF sensor changed
5) Idle Air control Value is new because old one was black inside. Inside throttle body cleaned with carb cleaner. This stopped the stalling issue.
6) Throttle Position Sensor - has been checked and voltage reads correctly using voltmeter
7) Lambda sensor changed to a new one. Only one sensor Bank 1 sensor 1 [precat]
8) Air filter changed and air box/hose cleaned
9) Oil filter changed
10 New battery
11) Unplugged battery for a day
No exhaust pipe holes or leaks when checked.
No obvious signs of leaks etc
Wiring looks fine
Diagnostics does not show any error codes but I have attached what it shows.
No MIL light or other warning lights
Once in a while I do get a cylinder 1 Misfire. when the code is cleared it does not come back for 3 weeks.
I do not know if I have a MAP sensor on this model or where it is located. People say it has and looks like a T shape device but I have no clue where it could be.
The car drives like there is loss of power and the idle looks like it is hunting and will not settle to a fixed idle speed when the car is still
Please help me as I am going insane