Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Oil Consump
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
turn52ugh
HI members
i would be gratefull if anyone could advise me on a pr oblem i have with my focus 1.6zetec 1999 model.
I am loosing oil when i check my dipstick ,i have no oil leaks and iam not burning any oil.Could a blocked crankcase breather pipe be causing the problem..I would appreciate any help on this subject THANKS
Karlos
My wife's 1.25 zetec Fiesta has the same problem. It uses oil like nothing I've seen!

I did read somewhere that the valve clearances need checking and adjusting from time to time, and that if this is not done, it can lead to excessive oil consumption.

Not sure how true this is though.
stef123
im afraid oil consumption on the 1.6 engine is very common. mine also uses quite a bit of oil but for me its not worth investigating, although from other stories it looks like it may be piston ring related. The crankcase breather valve can cause oil consumption - if blocked the oil gets forced past the rings.
turn52ugh
[quote name='Karlos' timestamp='1294837636' post='109640']
My wife's 1.25 zetec Fiesta has the same problem. It uses oil like nothing I've seen!

I did read somewhere that the valve clearances need checking and adjusting from time to time, and that if this is not done, it can lead to excessive oil consumption.

[/quote]
THANKS for the advice CHEERS peter
turn52ugh
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1294852455' post='109665']
im afraid oil consumption on the 1.6 engine is very common. mine also uses quite a bit of oil but for me its not worth investigating, although from other stories it looks like it may be piston ring related. The crankcase breather valve can cause oil consumption - if blocked the oil gets forced past the rings.
[/quote]
THANKS for the advice i will look into it
CHEERS peter
turn52ugh
[quote name='Karlos' timestamp='1294837636' post='109640']

[/quote]
THANKS roe the advice CHEERS peter
turn52ugh
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1294852455' post='109665']
[/quote]
thans for the advice cheers peter

Full Colour Version: Focus Oil Consump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.