Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mondeo Adaptive Headlights Driving In Europe?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
andycharger
Hello everyone,

I have just bought a new Mondeo from the dealership (although pre facelift model) and it has adaptive headlights.
Im off to France in a few weeks and one of the questions I asked the dealership was "what happens to the lights when i go to Europe?". They were unsure.
There does not seem to be any pattern on the light covers themselves to show a "masking" section on the lights. Nor does there appear to be an obvious "switch" on the rear of the light when i open the bonnet.
Therefore can someone please tell me the following:

:-Do I need to do anything to the headlights to make driving in France legal?
:-Is there a mechanism that i need to adjust to alter the lights to "european" lighting and bend the beam correctly?
:-Are there stickers for the new mondeo lights to bend the beam?
:-Is this a dealership altered setting as Im suprised this model has been around for 3+ years and no one has ever gone to them and asked them!

A lot of Questions there I know but any help for you here would be greatly appreciated!

Andy
mintalkin
the switch will be behind the rear cover on the headlights,the last section in this guide may help.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Headlamp_beam_deflectors#With_cornering_lamps
andycharger
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1294848468' post='109659']
the switch will be behind the rear cover on the headlights,the last section in this guide may help.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Headlamp_beam_deflectors#With_cornering_lamps
[/quote]
I did so those rear covers as they look like they are locked into place with 2 clips at the top. I presume the whole light needs unbolting to get the covers off as there does not look like a lot of room to manouvre?

Seems a lot of work to get access to these switches!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.