Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Exhaust Tone?!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Eazy E
Hi all just fitted a new 3.5" rolled tip backbox to my Focus mk1 2.0, drove away from the garage happy as Larry as to how it looks. However I notice no difference in sound at all, no sport base tone?! You can hear it a bit when you switch the ignition but it's no different to my stock one. Only driven 2 miles in it, will it get louder? Or has something been missed out, very puzzled please help cheers!
stef123
[quote name='Eazy E' timestamp='1294862343' post='109695']
Hi all just fitted a new 3.5" rolled tip backbox to my Focus mk1 2.0, drove away from the garage happy as Larry as to how it looks. However I notice no difference in sound at all, no sport base tone?! You can hear it a bit when you switch the ignition but it's no different to my stock one. Only driven 2 miles in it, will it get louder? Or has something been missed out, very puzzled please help cheers!
[/quote]

what kind of backbox is it? if its just a silencer with a different tip i cant see why it would sound any different.
Eazy E
It's just an after market GT3 backbox with a different tip, I thought this would be enough but clearly not? Will I need to get a full system? Very annoyed! Looked for a silencer in the tail piper but there isn't one
taffg
[quote name='Eazy E' timestamp='1294866940' post='109705']
It's just an after market GT3 backbox with a different tip, I thought this would be enough but clearly not? Will I need to get a full system? Very annoyed! Looked for a silencer in the tail piper but there isn't one
[/quote]

google piper,magnex exhausts (just examples) and you will find many offerings of bigger bore back boxes/exhausts that will give you a different sound. ensure you select a recommended one for your car as you may well end up with a loss of engine performance. a full system is likely to cost you a few bob though!
stevesey
As you only seem to be worried about the sound - get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/SoundRacer-SRV8-Realistic-SuperCar-Effects/dp/B0037CIIGQ

Full Colour Version: No Exhaust Tone?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615