Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washer Bottle Filter
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
scotorca
Can anyone please advise the best way to clear a blockage in the washer bottle? I have taken the washer hoses apart under the bonnet where they join to the front and rear jets. The pump works, but no water comes out. The bottle seems to be very securely fitted, and not easy to remove. Any ideas would be most welcome.
Dan62
It sounds like the impeller has broken away from motor if you can hear the motor running and no water coming out.

No idea how accessible the pump is on the fusion without removing the wheel arch liner etc, but if you can get to it it just pulls off the bottle.

Hope this helps and good luck.
scotorca
Thanks for this. Is it likely to be inside the bottle, or fitted outside? I can probably get to the underside of the bottle o.k. Is it likely to be blocked by debris inside as well.

[quote name='Dan62' timestamp='1295089533' post='109971']
It sounds like the impeller has broken away from motor if you can hear the motor running and no water coming out.

No idea how accessible the pump is on the fusion without removing the wheel arch liner etc, but if you can get to it it just pulls off the bottle.

Hope this helps and good luck.
[/quote]
Dan62
Its on the outside of the bottle.
My "guess" would be that the washer fluid had frozen and activating the pump may have caused the the impeller to detach from the motor, not sure about the debris theory but its possible.
Pulling the pump off will drain the bottle so you can give it a good flush jic.
scotorca
Thanks for info. Should be able to do this in driveway - if it stops raining! Thanks again.

[quote name='Dan62' timestamp='1295107255' post='110011']
Its on the outside of the bottle.
My "guess" would be that the washer fluid had frozen and activating the pump may have caused the the impeller to detach from the motor, not sure about the debris theory but its possible.
Pulling the pump off will drain the bottle so you can give it a good flush jic.
[/quote]
scotorca
Just another point. Do you think that this can be worked on from the outside of the bottle alone, or will the inside of the bottle have to be accessed? i.e. should the pump etc, just twist off from the outside?

[quote name='scotorca' timestamp='1295107753' post='110013']
Thanks for info. Should be able to do this in driveway - if it stops raining! Thanks again.
[/quote]
Dan62
[quote name='scotorca' timestamp='1295187210' post='110095']
Just another point. Do you think that this can be worked on from the outside of the bottle alone, or will the inside of the bottle have to be accessed? i.e. should the pump etc, just twist off from the outside?
[/quote]

Check out these videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xqjRsd6Wtk&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP95C9E3E9217523D8
scotorca
[quote name='Dan62' timestamp='1295209991' post='110145']
Check out these videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xqjRsd6Wtk&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP95C9E3E9217523D8
[/quote]

Thanks for video. Located pump at bottom of bottle, but couldn`t open it. Local Arnold Clark cleared it for me, and didn`t charge, so all sorted now. Thanks for all help with this.

Full Colour Version: Washer Bottle Filter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.