Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Keys
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Micro
I am wanting to get a new key, but am having issues with the key cutters around here.

They all insist that I need a key with a red chip in it, however, when we bought the car (2003), we never got one. Only a remote fob and blue chip key. According to the manual you just need 2 keys to code a new one, so I don't see any issue.

Are they feeding me crap? Or is it correct?
mintalkin
there are two kinds of chipped key the red and the blue, you are right as long as you have two working blue keys others can be added. i suggest you try another key cutter who knows the difference or try online
Micro
[quote name='mintalkin' post='6177' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:40 AM']there are two kinds of chipped key the red and the blue, you are right as long as you have two working blue keys others can be added. i suggest you try another key cutter who knows the difference or try online[/quote]

We have one remote fob and one blue chipped key. So not sure whether we have two blue ones or not.

I will try somewhere else.

Thanks

Full Colour Version: New Keys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.