Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Else Have A Cursed Fiesta?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Harvey2590
Hi I used to have a 04 fiesta 1.4 and everything that could go wrong with it, did. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

[u]A list of my Fiestas problems:[/u]
1.Engine light would not go off
2.Cluth linkage snapped
3.Gearbox fell apart
4.Went through 3 catalysts
5.Engine exploded at 70mph (internals exited through the exhaust)
6.Radiator pipe burst on motorway, car died again at 70mph (on second engine)
7.Air intake stopped working (on second engine) it wouldnt tick over in the winter
8.Alternator stopped working
9.Starter motor stopped working when it felt like it, then fixed itself
10.It always did this when i had no money and in the middle of bloody nowhere.

After all that i was still sorry to see it go, even if it was possessed.

Anyone else had as much fun as me?
Tattyboo
[quote name='Harvey2590' timestamp='1295538121' post='110535']
Hi I used to have a 04 fiesta 1.4 and everything that could go wrong with it, did. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

[u]A list of my Fiestas problems:[/u]
1.Engine light would not go off
2.Cluth linkage snapped
3.Gearbox fell apart
4.Went through 3 catalysts
5.Engine exploded at 70mph (internals exited through the exhaust)
6.Radiator pipe burst on motorway, car died again at 70mph (on second engine)
7.Air intake stopped working (on second engine) it wouldnt tick over in the winter
8.Alternator stopped working
9.Starter motor stopped working when it felt like it, then fixed itself
10.It always did this when i had no money and in the middle of bloody nowhere.

After all that i was still sorry to see it go, even if it was possessed.

Anyone else had as much fun as me?
[/quote]

I've not had as many problems as that with my Fiesta though having several issues at the min!! Added a thread about it. Previous cars I have had shed loads of problems with them. Hated them though. Love my Fiesta to bits though. Like you, everything comes at once, happens when I have no money at all and its sooo frustrating!! What caused all the problems did you ever find out?
RCJ
Ive only had one problem with my fiesta, had a massive rattling noise on the way home tonight... found out it was an oasis drinks bottle rattling on top of coins... proberly more my fault than the fiestas :lol:
Harvey2590
I put it down to luck lol, the car i have just now is sitting in the garage due to a oil pressure problem, the same day i got this car the switch on the brake pedal to turn the brake lights on stopped working and its washer jets have stopped working. i'm not meant to drive lol. mind you it is a peugeot, i should have known. i loved my fiesta even with its problems, i like to think it would have stayed by me if i kept ruining its life lol
Tattyboo
I had a FIAT Punto (fix it again tomorrow!!) The day I picked it up, it kept turning over and over but not doing anything. Then eventually, after being left, it started! This happened several times over the couple of years I had the Punto. One minute it would be fine, turn the car off then turn on again and it would be having none of it. Wondered if it was sensors but that meant a lot of money and not necessarily solving the problem. all the engine diagnostics brought up nothing every time. damn thing! my fiesta's now fixed yay! turns out the clutch plate had come apart and was only held on by one joint! no wonder it was juddering like mad yesterday. several pounds lighter but the cars fixed :rolleyes:

haha RCJ :lol:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.