Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Haynes Manual Right
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
supplyslave
Want to replace the alternator and first of all need to replace auxillary drive belt on 2004 1.6. Haynes say turn belt tensioner bolt clockwise to release tension and then anti-clockwise when I put the belt back on. Is this right?
stef123
[quote name='supplyslave' timestamp='1295680612' post='110734']
Want to replace the alternator and first of all need to replace auxillary drive belt on 2004 1.6. Haynes say turn belt tensioner bolt clockwise to release tension and then anti-clockwise when I put the belt back on. Is this right?
[/quote]

if it has a tensioner yes, as they are auto tensioners.

my 2001 doesnt have a tensioner - it uses a stretch belt, but the alternator can be unbolted to release the tension.

if it has an auto tensioner, take care as they can sometimes be very tight and a bit lethal.
taffg
[quote name='supplyslave' timestamp='1295680612' post='110734']
[/quote]

hi yes this is correct, but in the sense that the bolt that secures the pulley wheel on the tensioner can be rotated clockwise to release the tension acting on the belt. i preferred to rotate it from above as i found it easier, theres a fair load on the tensioner, watch those nuckles!!

Full Colour Version: Is Haynes Manual Right
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.