Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spare Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Pat & Chas
I have an 08 1.4 Fusion with 15" steel wheels. Unfortunately having dinged a wheel rim has brought it home to me that the supplied puncture repair kit is next to useless & I must get a spare wheel. Ford's near 200 for a complete kit seems rather excessive. There appears to be plenty of S/H wheels & space saving wheels around but none specific to the Fusion.
Can anyone suggest please a Ford model wheel which would fit, importantly to fit over the brake mechanism. I make the 4 stud PCD to be 4 1/4"/108mm.
Thanks.
pete121
My fusion has 15" alloy rims, but the spare is a 14" steel wheel. As I understand it, this is the same as the steel rims used on the Focus, some lower spec Focuses have 4 stud rims. Now a small legal matter, my 14" spare although exactly the same rim and tyre size as my sister in laws Focus rims/tyres, does have a big 50Mph/80Kph yellow sticker on it, and I am told this is needed for legal/insurance reasons, as otherwise it is illegal to mix wheel/tyre sizes on the same axle. My advice, scout around the scrap yards and check e-bay.(BTW. 15" rim will not fit in the wheel spare well ...I've tried.) . hope this helps.
Pat & Chas
Thank you for that information, sorry to be en elderly thicko but what does BTW mean ? I measured a Fusion wheel/tyre 195/15 & it would appear to fit in the well, maybe stick up about an inch.
Regards, Charlie.
Claxxon
By The Way ... .. .

Full Colour Version: Spare Wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615