Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obd2 Or Not Diagnostic Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
mikeeeee
Hello and thanks in advance for any replys.
I have recently purchased a diagnostic reader for my fiesta on advice from a garage that allmost all cars after 1996 are OBD2 compliant. I have receved the reader to find that it does not seem to work with my car. I have looked at the pins in the connecter and it does not seem to match any of the OBD2 protocols.
The pins which are populated are 1, 3, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13. If anyone could give me advice as to weather the OBD2 reader should read my codes or which type i should look for, or even if there is a way to use my laptop to read the fault code. That would be brilliant becuse this car has been nothing but trouble up to now.
The car is a fiesta 1.6 Ghia 02 plate.
Iv attached a picture of the socket on the car.
mintalkin
it was in the USA that obd2 was introduced in 1996,in europe it became compliant in 2001 and was called eobd (european on board diagnostics) as your car is an 02 plate it could have been built before 2001 but not registered untill later so it could have the earlier system.

Full Colour Version: Obd2 Or Not Diagnostic Question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.