Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Tdci Sport 2003 Electrical Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Dannay
Hi All,
Just wondered if anyone can help me before I throw lots of money at an auto electrician! Tried to start my car today, nothing happening, tried a couple of times and then looked under the bonnet to find that a box to the right of the battery had started to melt! There are quite a few wires going in and out of this but I have no idea what it is! Can anyone help me? Mty car is a 2003 limited edition Focus TDCi Sport.
Cheers.
taffg
[quote name='Dannay' timestamp='1296754906' post='112467']
Hi All,
Just wondered if anyone can help me before I throw lots of money at an auto electrician! Tried to start my car today, nothing happening, tried a couple of times and then looked under the bonnet to find that a box to the right of the battery had started to melt! There are quite a few wires going in and out of this but I have no idea what it is! Can anyone help me? Mty car is a 2003 limited edition Focus TDCi Sport.
Cheers.
[/quote]

probably the auxiliary fuse box, i would strongly recommend you disconnect your battery. if you lift the lid on the box and see a bunch of relays then its the aux fuse box.
Dannay
[quote name='taffg' timestamp='1296760229' post='112481']
probably the auxiliary fuse box, i would strongly recommend you disconnect your battery. if you lift the lid on the box and see a bunch of relays then its the aux fuse box.
[/quote]

Hiya,

Thanks very much, I did disconnect the battery just in case. I'll have a better look and see if I can get the lid off, it was quite melted.

Thanks again.

Dan

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.