Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo 2.0 Tdci 130 - Torque Issues
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Boothy2285
Hey all!

Ive got a MK3 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 130Bhp and last week the master and slave cylinder decided they wanted to give up! i had the clutch/flywheel and cylinders replaced and all seems to be well however since ive had the car back there seems to be a very obvious and distinct lack of torque/pulling power.

Usually this engine has been a bit of a "beast" with lots of torque and power however it now seems to be a bit "limp" yesterday i drove the car about 300 miles and it was awful to drive on the motorway, at about 75-80mph in 6th even the slightest incline meant the speed dropped even with my foot to the floor, as a result i had to drive most of the way in 4th to get any kind of pull or power, this also meant my fuel economy has dropped through the floor about 25-30mpg instead of my usual 40-48mpg

im not sure if the new parts need to bed in or there is another issue?

not sure what to do or if anyone has had this issue before?

Regards
mintalkin
check that all the vac and boost pipes are fitted correctley, its sounds like the turbo was not boosting up and perhaps one of the pipes are not fitted right after the work had been done.
Boothy2285
Ok thanks, ive got it booked back in on Wednesday to be checked out!

It's a shame as this is a fabulous engine with loads of power and torque!
dave h
Hi this happened to mine after new clutch fitted it turned out to be the turbo pipe that runs over the top of the gearbox, they had not done the clip up tight enough and was loosing boost pressure. Hope that helps Dave

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.