Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Remove Radio?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
JOHN31
hi

does anybody have instuctions on how to remove the 59 reg s max radio because i need to get the serial number to get the code lol

thanks a lot

john
johnH
if its the same as the focus headunit. you will need 4 removal keys...you can do it with 2. they slot in gap you see around 4 of the buttons on the corners. the gap looks like a knife blade slot, if that makes sense
JOHN31
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1297017524' post='112901']
if its the same as the focus headunit. you will need 4 removal keys...you can do it with 2. they slot in gap you see around 4 of the buttons on the corners. the gap looks like a knife blade slot, if that makes sense
[/quote]

thanks a lot for that i will have a look and see what i find, at one time it was simple lol

thanks again

john
On a 59 reg you probably have the oval shaped radio - in which case there are no "knife-slots". If that's the case you will need to remove the button fascia above the radio (the one with the hazzard switch on) and the console around the gearknob & handbrake, then you will be able to get to the four screws which hold the centre panel on - remove this then you can pull out the radio.

It's meant to be difficult as it's an anti-theft measure.

Full Colour Version: How To Remove Radio?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615