Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Stereo Do I Need??
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
craigbenham
Hey Guys,

I have just bought a 2001 focus which has the steering wheel controls but the old tape deck (no CD Changer). I have seen lots of different options for CD players and changers but do not know if they will work with the car? So, what CD player or changer would I need with a Y reg (2001)??

Cheers

Craig
johnH
[quote name='craigbenham' timestamp='1297013976' post='112885']
Hey Guys,

I have just bought a 2001 focus which has the steering wheel controls but the old tape deck (no CD Changer). I have seen lots of different options for CD players and changers but do not know if they will work with the car? So, what CD player or changer would I need with a Y reg (2001)??

Cheers

Craig
[/quote]

are you looking to keep it genuine ford products or aftermarket...with aftermarket, all will fit. that way will mean you possibly buying a facia adaptor, harness adaptor and steering stalk control adaptors. whereas genuine is just plug, code and play
dancman
hi
i recently bought a conversion kit for my fiesta it came with plugs and facia only 7 quid on ebay just put in conversion kit and your make of car and they should have one. then u can use any normal size stereo u want. i like the ones that read usb and sd cards as u can have the equivilant of piles of cds on a usb pen drive or sd card.
[/quote]dont know about your steering wheel controls though nothing that fancy in my fiesta.if it was me id be down the scrapyard getting a plain steering wheel.

heres one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-SINGLE-STEREO-CONVERSION-KIT-EVERYTHING-/140501643412?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item20b68cf094
InstructorPiggy
it depends if you wana use your steering wheel controls or not...if not...go aftermarket, Sony/Pioneer etc, if want to keep steering wheel controls, get onto the bay and get a multicd ford unit...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/car-cd-player-/180621019519?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item2a0dda097f#ht_500wt_1072

Full Colour Version: What Stereo Do I Need??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.