Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handbrake Cable
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
chris bowman
after lengthy investigation as to why the rear n/s calliper handbrake lever will not return, i have found that the rear n/s handbrake cable is sticking to prevent it quite returning. on closer inspection i can see that where the cable comes out of the outer just before the nipple that goes on the calliper, the teflon type coating is damaged and quite rough! i dont think i can get round this. been looking on the net and have found quite cheap ones, but the illustration doesnt look like mine, so having trouble trusting the part will be right. can anyone recommend a supplier that is reasonable?
fishpond 47
If your caliper is the same as mine, the cable fits into what looks like a block that is fixed to the caliper via a grub screw. The end of the cable looks like a small bullet end (the only way I could think off to describe it)and is the same at both ends, btw I would recommend changing both at the same time.

I got these before xmas: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-2001-2007-REAR-2-HAND-BRAKE-CABLES-NEW-/270571548460?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3eff522f2c
chris bowman
cheers mate, some have recommended fitting another spring while u wait for the cable to reduce binding on the calliper. but cannot get one even from a scrap yard!

Full Colour Version: Handbrake Cable
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.