Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Needed Installing Wing Mirror
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
manhattan24
Hi,

I recently bought a replacement driver side wing mirror for my Focus MK1, however I am having a problem with installing it.

The issue is with the cable that connects to the mirror itself, it seems to be connected to the inside of the door so I cannot get to it to disconnect it and reconnect the new mirror.

Will I have to take the whole door panel off or is there a simpler way to do it. Also is it advisable to disconnect the car battery before unplugging the cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
H3lly
There's a plastic surround that unclips (3 clips)that allows access to the cable. Undo the mirror adjuster first, I think it twists anticlockwise There's no need for removing door cards etc.
manhattan24
Thank you for the reply.

When you said that there's a surround that comes off did you mean the section with the electric window buttons on?
andyg56
Just changed mine this afternoon. No problems, but I did have to take the door card off. couldn't see a way of doing it with the card in place. Still, only a few screws!
Mooresey
Just take the corner plastic window panel off its just clipped on and all the connectors and wires are located there. Don't drop the rubber seal down the inside of the door!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.