Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temp Guage Fault 1.6 Focus Automatic 2004
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bja
help required as temp guage goes into red zone after approx 5miles garage changed water pump as old one leaking when this fault persisted changed sensor now problem still remains and I am loathe to risk travelling any distance but local as to what might happen.
jeebowhite
If the water pump was changed and the "sensor" was changed - what sensor did you / garage change? im sure there are a few, and it could be a false reading. if you were to pull over and then pop the bonnet, would you dare touch the engine block? if you put your hand in the air above it, and you feel the heat then you may need to replace the coolant as well, or you may have to replace the oil. if the engine block is cool to the touch, although indicating red, it could be sensor / dashboard fault.
bja
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1297868369' post='114405']
If the water pump was changed and the "sensor" was changed - what sensor did you / garage change? im sure there are a few, and it could be a false reading. if you were to pull over and then pop the bonnet, would you dare touch the engine block? if you put your hand in the air above it, and you feel the heat then you may need to replace the coolant as well, or you may have to replace the oil. if the engine block is cool to the touch, although indicating red, it could be sensor / dashboard fault.
[/quote]
bja
many thanks for reply and I will try what you have advised - a sensor ( part no. F05040463)was changed by garage and they want me to return vehicle on thursday to try something else!!! - BOTH FANS COME ON after about 3 miles and with bonnet raised the coolent is flowing back to reserve tank but engine appears to be just warm to touch. Ford say they cannot remember a fault that only affects the temp. gauge most electrical faults seem to affect the complete cluster in dash.
I will keep club members informed as to outcome. regards Bja
Lenny
[quote name='bja' timestamp='1297887013' post='114449']
many thanks for reply and I will try what you have advised - a sensor ( part no. F05040463)was changed by garage and they want me to return vehicle on thursday to try something else!!! - BOTH FANS COME ON after about 3 miles and with bonnet raised the coolent is flowing back to reserve tank but engine appears to be just warm to touch.
I will keep club members informed as to outcome. regards Bja
[/quote]

If you are driving anywhere,
switch off the air conditioning button, turn the fan to hot and put it on full flow with the fresh air mode ON (not recirculate), this will greatly reduce the temp of your radiator leaving you safer driving it around, (Renault and Fiat technique)
Also doing this will give an indication of how quick the coolant is heating up which if itís taking 20-30 minutes to deliver piping hot air to you in the cabin, i would suggest its a faulty reading on the gauge,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.