Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Died, Now Speakers Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
jon200
Hi all,

My 2004 Mondeo has developed a strange problem.

Tonight after work, it wouldn't start, and radio was working fine. The AA came out and said my battery had lost charged, so he recharged it a little and went on his way. Now the radio is switched on, but nothing out of the speaker. If you turn the radio up to the max, you hear a slight muffled sound come out.
I sound from the iPod also won't play through the aux socket.

Anyone got any ideas? I can't how the speakers might of blown? Unfortunately i haven't got the manual for the radio so cannot check in that.
mintalkin
it sounds like the amp has blown, this is a common problem if jump leads are used which do not have surge protection built in. using old style jumper cables can kill electronic componants.
jon200
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1297895022' post='114481']
it sounds like the amp has blown, this is a common problem if jump leads are used which do not have surge protection built in. using old style jumper cables can kill electronic componants.
[/quote]

Thanks for the input. This sounds like an expensive problem to fix.

If this turns out to be the case, i'm superised The AA use leads without surge protection. I would of though jump starting cars would be one of their most common call outs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.