Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obd2 Code Reader
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
top banana
Hi,

Would getting one of these OBD2 code readers be beneficial for me and my 1.6TDCI (DPF) Focus?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-CODE-READER-FAULT-CODE-READER-DIAGNOSTIC-TOOL-/300415895588?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item45f22ec824

I know you can do the dash 'trick' but would one of these provide more info?

Ta
jeebowhite
I was looking into buying one of these also,they can be very good, and of course they offer the ability to remove the EML once you have done the repair yourself. Overall for a good price they are useful devices, and can access more of the DTC codes than the cars trip computer. However they dont guarantee to read all DTC Codes, which means even with the best will in the world, you may still have to go to Ford if you cant find the problem yourself.

As a EML removal device, a DTC Code reader that can access more codes than the trip computer - they are worth the investment. Plus they can be used on all modern cars, which means that you buy it now and you can help a lot of your friends who dont have a trip computer!

When I can afford one, (and a replacement laptop!) I will be looking to get one that you can connect to the laptop, as you can see a lot more and can watch the sensors / various sensors all on the same screen!

Full Colour Version: Obd2 Code Reader
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.