Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2001 Focus Suspension Arm
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ray844!
HELP!!
Right got the old arm off not a problem nuts bolts all good, problem i can't get the pin back in that connects the arm to the suspension leg, it will go in 3/4 off the way and no further aand i cant get the pinch bolt back in.
any suggestions welcome

Ray
stef123
[quote name='ray844!' timestamp='1298229252' post='115078']
HELP!!
Right got the old arm off not a problem nuts bolts all good, problem i can't get the pin back in that connects the arm to the suspension leg, it will go in 3/4 off the way and no further aand i cant get the pinch bolt back in.
any suggestions welcome

Ray
[/quote]

i take it you mean the ball joint pin wont go back in to the leg? have you tried putting a jack under it?
ray844!
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1298236604' post='115094']
i take it you mean the ball joint pin wont go back in to the leg? have you tried putting a jack under it?
[/quote]
i do yes and yes but it only goes3/4 of the way and no further tried hammer, and cleaning the hole it goes in about three quater and nothing
stef123
[quote name='ray844!' timestamp='1298237239' post='115097']
i do yes and yes but it only goes3/4 of the way and no further tried hammer, and cleaning the hole it goes in about three quater and nothing
[/quote]

is the ball joint any different to the old one? seems very strange that it wont go in fully.
ray844!
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1298238331' post='115102']
is the ball joint any different to the old one? seems very strange that it wont go in fully.
[/quote]
theres no difference i assume it should just go it with out any problem?
stef123
[quote name='ray844!' timestamp='1298238929' post='115103']
theres no difference i assume it should just go it with out any problem?
[/quote]

are you sure its not fully in? although it may seem otherwise? usually when you jack the arm to fit them into the knuckle they take a bit of jacking and then all of a sudden shift and thats them right home..

what brand is the new arm?
stef123
going off a little bit here, how did you find the front bushes of the arm fitted? did the bolt rattle about inside the sleeve until tightened up?

got 2 new arms to fit myself, but it seems there is a little play between the bolt and the sleeve.

cheers
stef

Full Colour Version: 2001 Focus Suspension Arm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.