Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ipod Connection
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Thehulk
Hi all

Have just bought a 2003 Fusion 2 after my scenic died completely. What a great car!

It has a factory fitted 4500 cd/radio. I want to connect an iPod without one of those fm transmitters.

What's the best way if any?

Thanks
pete121
well if it hasn't got the aux connector down between the gear lever and 12v supply (cig. lighter) do what I did... and get one either from the scrappers or from ford...about 15-20 go to the 'sio communications' website...(I think)certainly somewhere on you tube, and there is a tutorial on how to fit it...you'll need radio removal keys either from ebay or Ford.... then once fitted plug in select 'AUX' on your stereo, and enjoy... I use my nokia x6 phone and it sounds fine...although I do need the vol up a bit to get good sound out of it.
Claxxon
I went down a different road on this one. Bought a fascia converter and a quadlock cable from ebay, cost about 10 all in. Swapped out the standard CD player for one with an Ipod connection via usb. The headunit also has Bluetooth audio so I can also stream MP3s from my Blackberry.

Full Colour Version: Ipod Connection
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.