Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan Switch
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
xev
Hi,
I noticed last week that my fan turns itself on when I use the heaters. My friend said it was probably the fan switch. So he fitted me A new one but its still happening. Any ideas.
Zev
johnH
hi, im going to assume you mean the fan on the radiator, from other forums i have gathered that this happens on one or more of the following:

1) faulty thermostat
2) faulty temperature sensor
3) faulty fan switch (as you mentioned)
4) if you have a diesel with additive tank, this can be a result of a car trying to perform a forced regen by itself. this will need dealer attention as the tank will need refilling etc. (dont worry about this if you have petrol)

doesnt fill you with much confidence, but its a few ideas to start looking at
artscot79
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1298389752' post='115322']
hi, im going to assume you mean the fan on the radiator, from other forums i have gathered that this happens on one or more of the following:

1) faulty thermostat
2) faulty temperature sensor
3) faulty fan switch (as you mentioned)
4) if you have a diesel with additive tank, this can be a result of a car trying to perform a forced regen by itself. this will need dealer attention as the tank will need refilling etc. (dont worry about this if you have petrol)

doesnt fill you with much confidence, but its a few ideas to start looking at
[/quote]

or if you have aircon it will also switch on even with the aircon switched off if the vents are set to demist windscreen
xev
i shall try that ariscot9 bacause it was set to demist windscreen. Thanks
fingers crossed
zev

Full Colour Version: Fan Switch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.