Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP !!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
ANDY.C
HELLO AGAIN ,WAS PUTTING SOME OIL IN MY MONDEO JUST TO TOP IT UP ,I HAD A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF CONCENTRATION ,AND PUT A FEW DROPS OF OIL INTO THE POWER STEERING FLUID ( TWIT ) I REALISED AS SOON AS IT WENT IN ,DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE CAUSED A PROBLEM ,COULD SOMEONE ADVISE ME ON WHAT THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION WOULD BE ? OR WILL IT NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM ? ,I WOULD SAY AT LEAST 4 TABLESPOONS OF OIL WENT IN THERE ?
CANT BELIEVE I WAS SO STUPID .... THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP GUYS

i have took some of the oil off the top of the resovoir with a syringe as oil will sit on the top ,would you advise me to bleed the system or will i get away with it.... thanks again

have googled it and many people say it may not be a problem but would prefer some advice from the forum ....Andy
mintalkin
i knew somebody who topped it up with water once and got away with it so i would not worry about a few spoonfulls of oil, just keep a look out for a stutter from your steering but you should be ok.
vinnyvangough
With that little amount of oil i cant see that there is gonna be a problem.
ANDY.C
[quote name='mintalkin' post='6539' date='Oct 21 2008, 03:22 PM']i knew somebody who topped it up with water once and got away with it so i would not worry about a few spoonfulls of oil, just keep a look out for a stutter from your steering but you should be ok.[/quote]

THANKS FOR ADVICE , I HAVE TOOK ABOUT HALF LITRE OFF THE TOP OF THE POWER STEERING RESOVOIR AND REPLACED WITH FRESH FLUID , JUST AS A PRECAUTION .

Full Colour Version: HELP !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615